Re: Ham HT and SkyCommand

Mystery solved by Byon, KB9LNC:

> I am certain that while I was experimetneting with Sky-
> Command, that I could just change bands by simply entering
> a new frequency on another band.   And it would go there.
>
> At first, it did not work...  Then it did for a while,...
> Now then, it won't.

Byon says you have to shut down the RX link (on VHF) to change
bands.  Tried it and it works! That also explains why sometimes
it worked and sometimes not.  So now SkyCommand is fully
operational with multiple users in the local area.  Now all I
gotta do is buy an automatic antenna tuner before I let anyone
transmit.

See system:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/USNAremoteHF.html

You ask, why not control it over the internet?  Well, because I
think HAM radio is an RF kinda thing.  Being able to monitor HF
from my D700 via SkyCommand while I am in the mobile is kinda
neat.  Actually, this just adds to the things one can do on the
heads-up front panel of their D7 or D700:

1) Send and receive Email (via APRS MSG to EMAIL)
2) Send and receive WinLINK email (APRS-link system)
3) Query the QRZ database (via APRS MSG to SAQRZ)
4) See Freqs/loc's of local VOICE repeaters while traveling
5) See alerts to local nets and hamfest objects
6) See traffic info from APRS-TRAFFIC alerts
7) Remotely OPERATE any public SKYCOMMAND RADIO!
8) Oh, and APRS (positions, messages, Igates, FINDU, etc)

Bob, WB4APR