OLd things dies

ANS excerpt

As of February 23, 2007, Our Old Friend "morse code" has now slipped
into history as a requirement for a U.S. Amateur License.  The tones and
burps in the lower portions of the HF bands will become more and more
silent as those that remember CW start to become silent keys themselves.
  "Silent Key" will go by the wayside as well.  As a longtime Extra, I
can honestly say that getting up to speed was an excitement all its own.
  Just 5 WPM for my Novice was a thrill learning those mysterious tones.
I for one, can certainly see it both as a defunct digital mode and a
unique mode to operate pulling out a QSO from those melodius tones.
Ditty dum dum ditty will have a narrower meaning from this time on.

That's the cycle of life could be ARRL will also adjust in his field day
rules...1 point per QSO phone and CW? How they can live in the past? it is not
the Antique Radio Relay League!

"-"
that holds the license."

Luc Leblanc VE2DWE