Can D-Star work on VO-52?

Hi All,

  I'm wondering if the GMSK modulation scheme in D-Star can be inverted and
whether the Icom 91AD dualband HT can work full duplex for satellite work.
D-Star uses a 6.25kc channel which is way better than the 15kc needed for
standard FM but not as friendly as SSB and CW.  Let me know.  I haven't
purchased this equipment but it's worth at least a debate.

73 de Pat --- KA9SCF.