Re: Could we raise orbit thru magnetorque?

In your example of the train, the force that overcomes gravity to levitate the train is not generated by magnetic repulsion of the train against the earth, but rather against the rail above which the train rides, which contains strong sequenced electromagnets to generate both the lifting force and the propelling force.
In space, there's no nearby "rail" to push against.

George, KA3HSW