Re: Greetings from a new op - help me wet these feet

> Can anybody give me a primer as to what the hottest
> satellites are right now?...
>
> I would like to get started with omni antennas...

Four satellites to listen to are easy.  Just monitor 145.825 MHz
and you will hear several satellites but weak.

1. UO-11 which is 1200 baud ASCII (not packet)
2. PCSAT-1 (mid-day passes only)
3. ANDE packet (HIGH passes only)
4. RAFT (Highest pass only)

On PCSAT-1, ANDE and RAFT, you can try to digipeat your packets
to everyone else using the UNPROTO path of VIA ARISS.  On ANDE
and RAFT, you can send UI packets that look liike this
:TALK.....:Say this...

And it will "say this...".  But replace the ...'s after TALK
with 5 spaces.

See this web page:
http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/ande-raft-ops.html

Good luck!