Earths Magnetic Field strength

Greetings to the group.

I Thought the argentinians idea of using the magnetic field for propulsion was a great one!

Let me share a simple experiment with you;

Back in the late 80's I tried a simple experiment, I moved a handheld compass towards a heavy 10
ounce speaker magnet. When the compass was a few inches away from the magnet , it changed direction
from North to the direction of the magnet.

I think this illustrates that the earth's magnetic field is very strong, not weak.

Try it yourself, then use your imagination. 73, pat N2OEQ