Re: Could we raise orbit thru magnetorque?

> Argument is:  if when satellite is in the north, a north magnetic field is
> applied on z plane, will satellite raise orbit ? Same but opposite on south.
> Considering limited energy available could this raise be significant if
> applied on all orbits ?.

I believe magnetorquing can only change the orientation of a satellite and
not its orbit.  It is certainly used in the process of changing an orbit,
in order to get a thrusting device pointing in a direction where it will
do something useful. But by itself, it can't change an orbit.  It can help
point antennas in the proper direction, etc.