My Status: KI4HLV/6Y5

Greetings to all!

For those that know me, you will remember me as a condo dweller in McLean
Virginia, just outside Washington DC.

Satellite operations were virtually impossible, with just a discone on my
balcony, 140ft AGL. So, I restricted my satellite operations to Field Day,
when I helped the local club to cobble together a satellite station, to get
the bonus points and to thrill the onlookers when the Az/El mount started
stepping across the sky.

Well, my situation has changed. I'm now back in Kingston Jamaica where I
spent three delightful years in the past (2001-2004).

In the next few weeks, I expect to know whether this will be a long term
assignment. If it is (and I expect it to be), I shall be moving forward
quickly to build a satellite station, basically from the ground up, to
operate the existing LEOs. So I'll be activating 6Y5 on the sats shortly.

Meanwhile, I'm unsubscribing from the BB, given the recent change of focus
of the messages.  :-(

If anyone needs/wants 6Y5 on satellite, please contact me offlist, as I'll
be unsubscribing from the BB with immediate effect.

73

Iain    KI4HLV/6Y5
Kingston, Jamaica