From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of lu7abf
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 4:48 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Could we raise orbit thru magnetorque?

In thinking on a future satellite project, this question was made.

Argument is:  if when satellite is in the north, a north magnetic field is
applied on z plane, will satellite raise orbit ? Same but opposite on south.
Considering limited energy available could this raise be significant if
applied on all orbits ?.

Tks for any answer or argument.

lu7abf, Pedro Converso
lu7abf@amsat.org.ar