Echo in the Middle School classroom

Gang:

I'm putting the finishing touches on a Power Point presentation on
satellites for the four gr. 6 classes in my town's Middle School this week.
I'm focusing it around Echo because I hope that in a few weeks when the
weather warms, we can do a demo through ole AO-51. Is there anyone who
would like to do a school-demo to school-demo contact? I think they'd
really enjoy that.

It appears that satellites enter our curriculum in the science program of
gr. 6; I expect it is the same in many other N. American jurisdictions.
This provides an excellent opportunity to fulfill the educational mandate
of our organization and a way cool means of seriously impressing some
pre-teens :-) In addition, these classes are being asked to do poster
presentations on a satellite of their choosing. I'm going to point them to
amsat.org. Someone's really going to enjoy telling the amazing tale of
AO-7, no?

The photos collected for AO-51 make this job much easier. Perhaps the teams
preparing for the launch of Delfi-C3, Kiwisat and Sumbandila will keep this
in mind and try to provide media documenting their journeys to space, too.

73, Bruce
VE9QRP