... US military operations [slightly OT]

As i understand it, AMSAT is NOT a political organization.  While i am deeply
concerned by the actions of the US military, i do know who are the 'Commander
and Chief' is; and i also recognize that the US military is, by necessity,
a very diverse organization.  I would not like to think of where amateur
satellites would be without cooperation with the US and Russian military.
For a very recent example, i'm not sure we'd have international APRS.  The
military is capable of good science and, alas in the 'States, outside of
universities  nd colleges, one of the few places where good science is still
being actively funded.

In my town, we have demonstrations on the main street every Friday (with
representatatives from both sides). I think that is an appropriate forum for
discussion of actions of the US Military.  So is the US Congress, as well
as the newspapers, streets and public assemblies inplaces throughout the
world.  In my opinion, the AMSAT-BB is not.

Respectivefully submitted,

P.S.  I will be in CM99 this long weekend on available J-FM satellites if
anyone needs it.