DE-xpedition Announcement

I am planning a short trip to Delaware (a DE-xpedition, so to speak) to operate the FM satellites, and give others a chance to work this state. The trip is tentatively planned for 24 February 2007, during the local afternoon and early evening. My location is going to be close to 39.82N-75.55W, in the northwest corner of FM29. This is where I was for a previous DE-xpedition on PSK31.

Equipment will be a Yaesu VX5R with a handheld Arrow dual-yagi and an MP3 recorder. Thanks to Patrick WD9EWK, I have some predictions of satellite passes from this location, and have selected the following:

AO-27 2003z-2019z
AO-27 2145z-2157z
(dinner break)
SO-50 2318z-2329z
AO-51 2333z-2346z
SO-50 0057z-0110z (UTC 25 Feb)
AO-51 0111z-0125z (UTC 25 Feb)

This schedule is subject to change, based on weather or other logistical issues.

I hope this trip will be of interest to the satellite community. I do have two requests:

1. Since I will be operating half-duplex (due to radio limitations), I would appreciate it if anyone who is able to record these passes would email the recordings to me afterwards.

2. I'd also like to gauge interest in this trip, so if you are specifically interested in working me (for either the state or the grid), please let me know via direct email.

Thanks.

73,
Steve Melachrinos
W3HF (@arrl.net)