AO-51 this week

There are several new pieces of software that need to be uploaded and tested
this week on AO-51. Additionally the S band transmitter will be on for an as
of yet undetermined number of daylight passes over the Air Force Academy
ground station in Colorado Springs, Colorado. These passes will be used for
the ground station checkout on S band prior to the launch of Falconsat-3
satellite, now scheduled in late February.  FS-3 carries an amateur payload
along with its primary science mission. If you find the 435.300 repeater to
be inactive, please be patient as we cooperate with our friends at the USAFA
as they prepare their station for the launch of a new satellite including an
amateur payload, and as the command team continues to upload and test new
AO-51 software. More details on the upgrades and Falconsat-3 will be made
available soon.

73, Drew KO4MA