Re: Icom PCR-1000 PC controlled receiver

Why would that baud rate be a limitation? Could you get a couple RS232 to Fiber Optic modems or at least some copper RS232 line extenders (Try Black Box) and make it work?

    Message: 2
    Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 17:05:45 -0500
    From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
    Subject: [amsat-bb] Icom PCR-1000 PC controlled receiver
    To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>

    Does anyone have a PCR-1000 ICOM remote controlled receiver?

    How long can the serial port cable be? I heard it was operating
    at something like 112,000 baud and could not be run the 200 feet
    to our roof. This makes it a deal breaker.

    Is there a better all mode all band remote controlled system for
    roof mount to avoid long cable runs for satellite receiption
    across all bands..?

Joe Leikhim K4SAT

"Follow The Money"  ;-P