Icom PCR-1000 PC controlled receiver

Does anyone have a PCR-1000 ICOM remote controlled receiver?

How long can the serial port cable be?  I heard it was operating
at something like 112,000 baud and could not be run the 200 feet
to our roof.  This makes it a deal breaker.

Is there a better all mode all band remote controlled system for
roof mount to avoid long cable runs for satellite receiption
across all bands..?

Bob