Re: Ham Radio Astronaut procedures.

On 9 Feb 2007, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> A 2W TX on shuttle or ISS is considered a catastrophic safety
> hazard due to potential for loss of life due to interference or
> reset of the space suit, or shuttle ISS control systems or
> anything else.

Hmmm.... I'll have to keep that in mind the next time I take my 200 watt 2
meter brick amplifier with me when I go out roving for a VHF contest. My
vehicle has a lot of computerized control systems in it. (Okay, I don't
transmit while traveling at 17,000 MPH through a near perfect vacuum...)
:)

73 de W0JT