New Satellite Downlink

AMSAT RF designers Note:

We may get another opportunity for a PCSAT3 on ISS, (with ARISS
approval of course)  but DOD has told us it must be lower power
than PCSAT2 to avoid all the very costly man-safety issues we
had on PCSAT-2.  But on VHF and UHF this lower power would be
nearly impossible to hear without really big beams.

So I wonder about using a 10 meter SSB downlink.  We must be
below 4 volts per meter (4 V/m).  I wonder how hearable that
would be on a 10 meter SSB receiver with a vertical omni antenna
at 1000 km?

Bob