From: "Robert Bruninga" <bruninga@usna.edu>
To: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Subject: [amsat-bb]  RX only satellite?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 12:28:11 -0500

There may be a Satellite opportunity for a ham radio RX only
payload.
No TX allowed.

Any ideas?  It will be recoverd one year later.

All I can come up with is a satellite band moniitor that scans
the satellte bands and makes a one year survey of QRM and stores
it in flash.  That is, recording frequency and signal strength
and position for a year.

Problem is, I cannot figure out how we could use the data to
tell the good guys from the bad guys so it wouldn't tell us much
I don't think?

Any other ideas for a RX only space application?  Of educational
interest?  Anyone interesetd in developing the band monitor
payload?

Bob, WB4APR