AO-07 RX - TX more questions...

With my ARR 28 MHz preamp sitting here beside me and plenty of plans for
antennas, I have a few more questions:

1)  Can I really pick up AO-7 with my antique Allied Communications tube
receiver if I put the preamp at the antenna?

2)  How much EIRP do I need on the uplink?  Can I use my IC-706 barefoot, or
am I looking at a Mirage amp?  I think the 706 puts out 50 watts on 2
meters.  I'd probably be using a 3 element beam for uplink with something
like 9? db gain.  I think I saw something like a 90 watt EIRP would be
sufficient for the uplink.

Thanks for everyones help so far!

73 DE KM3G
Tyler

3)  Do I really gain a few more db in gain if I suffer while I put the
antenna up in the supercold weather here in PA, or is that just an urban
myth?   :-)