From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Robert Bruninga
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 11:28 AM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] RX only satellite?

There may be a Satellite opportunity for a ham radio RX only payload.
No TX allowed.

Any ideas?  It will be recoverd one year later.

All I can come up with is a satellite band moniitor that scans the
satellte bands and makes a one year survey of QRM and stores it in
flash.  That is, recording frequency and signal strength and position
for a year.

Problem is, I cannot figure out how we could use the data to tell the
good guys from the bad guys so it wouldn't tell us much I don't think?

Any other ideas for a RX only space application?  Of educational
interest?  Anyone interesetd in developing the band monitor payload?

Bob, WB4APR