Re: Russian speaking QRM on AO-51 Rev: 13642

At 09:01 PM 2/3/2007, Edward R. Cole wrote:

>Honestly, what can be done?  Without a serious policing by governments of
>the offenders nothing will relieve the situation.  Too often graft in
>government bureaucracies subvert any reform or implementation of laws.  We
>have the same problem with fisherman buying 2m FM radios for their "secret
>band".  Of course unlicensed, but used in remote areas beyond the range of
>limited FCC monitoring.  Hams reporting and witnessing has been the most
>effective deterent up here.

Well here, probably nothing can be done, since the source of the QRM
is foreign, and Indonesia is a country made up of 5000 islands and
well over 100 million people.  Enforcement would be difficult, and I
suspect they have bigger fish to fry.  Also, the manufacturers of
these things should be subject to international scrutiny, as some of
those cordless phones have not only appeared on the ham bands, but
also the aviation band as well (nasty!).

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com