Re: AO-07 Downlink Antenna

At 11:18 PM 2/2/2007, sraas@optonline.net wrote:
>Im having really poor luck with my inverted V antenna.. its not very
>high up but only on a very high pass will it hear the beacon on
>29.502. What is every one else using?

Hi Steve,

For field day, I use a 4-foot telescoping whip with a
at the antenna. Works great and is very portable.

AO-07 is not very difficult to hear and in general, any
vertical antenna will work fine. You could even retune a
CB whip for 29 MHz. Verticals do not need to be mounted
high to achieve a low angle of radiation unlike an
inverted-V.

73,
Tony AA2TX