Re: Russian speaking QRM on AO-51 Rev: 13642

--- Justin Burket <zorton@jtan.com> wrote:

> Chalk this e-mail up for another vote to reactivate the PL tone.

But your email shows the reason why we don't want PL tones on ANY satellite.

PL tones don't cure the problem they hide it so we can shut our eyes and
pretend it doesn't exist. The satellite is still unavailable for low power
users, you have to transmit high power to overcome the interference so the
satellite can hear you. PL tones aren't magic cure-alls.

Since AO-51's tones been turned off we've got a far better understanding of
what the situation is really like in different parts of the world. Unless we
have the inform necessary to understand the problem there is no way we can even
to begin to start resolving it.

73 Trevor M5AKA