AO-27 timer-drift

 Hi all,

today I was listening 2 orbits of AO-27. The first (#69.611) was over S.Arabia.
Note:  the Satellite it could be active  around ~12.40Z, but at this time  I heard
with surprise the ended packet-sound ! Precisely at 12.41Z was "OFF".

It was strange for me but I was not 100% sure if my PC-time drifted, or if my
Kepls was good enough.

In the next orbit (#69612) the AO-27 it came from my South (Africa) and yes, now
it was obvious the time-drifting. At 14.15Z over South Libya, the repeater was
unexpectedly "ON"... !
I called 2-3 times CQ Sat but the jamming from Arabian stations was too heavy.
After 1-2 mins, IZ1GZA answered to my CQ, but I had problem with my access
on Satellite, due to Arabian-QRM and the QSO not completed.
However I confirmed that,  AO-27's close-down was for 2nd time too early,
precisely over Italy !

 I checked my PC with another, nothing wrong with clock & Kepls. Definitely the AO-27
 has a drift on his timer, and now is "ON" about 5 mins earlier than normal
 (maybe IZ1GZA can be confirm this event as 2nd witness) .

73, Mak SV1BSX

sv1bsx@yahoo.gr
http://www.qsl.net/sv1bsx

LANProxy eMail-Server: This Email has been checked by AVAST-Pro
                            ***     Virus Free    ***

---
Virus Database (VPS): 000709-2, 01/02/2007
Tested on: 1/2/2007 5:09:49 นน