From: amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org [mailto:amsat-bb-bounces@amsat.org] On
Behalf Of Dave Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 7:41 PM
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Re: Last AO51 pass 0110 z Unbelievable Ignorance

Some people have the "me, me, me" attitude, so they feel they're entitled.
I don't mind hearing a SHORT QSO between ops.  I've kept this in mind when
I've worked the same station a few times, and have limited my comments to
them to a sentence or two, so that others get a chance to get in.

Worse yet, on many of the passes that I can hear/work, there is someone in
the footprint who just whistles, causing QRM on the already-crowded
satellite.  And then there's the op who does nothing more than say
"hello...hello...hello".  Lastly there are also the ops who apparently
aren't hearing the satellite and keep calling CQ, with stations answering
them to no avail.

Dave
KC9GHA