Yaesu/Kenpro maintence

I just took down my Yaesu 5500 rotator arter being fitted for a year and a
half because of a pot feedback problems which is well docuemented here on
list. I was supprised though to find the bearings in both rotators to be
rusty. The top set in the azimuth were the only ones that do not require
replacement. I have ordered stainless steel bearings at 22 pence each which
works out at about £25 or $45 total so it's worth taking that rotator down
and checking it before letting the bearings rust out!

Paul Luggar

M0SCI

Website WWW.M0SCI.CO.UK

Amsat-UK Member 6484