LEGO bricks vs. Wash Pins

Dear all,

Frans, PE1RXJ, and myself have been building
DL6WU based (portable) beams for 145 and 435 MHz.
We mainly used them for portable satellite operations.
Using 4 elements for 145 MHz and 7 elements for
435 MHz we can operate AO51 "noise free".

On my website I have described how we built them,
and also the two alternative methods for mounting
the elements onto the boom:
- using LEGO bricks (the PE1RXJ method)
vs.
- using Wash Pins (the PA3GUO method)

For those interested:
http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo

A construction summary:
click on "ANTENNA", then on "DL6WU beams"

Field reports:
click on "Other Stuff", then on "Summer Holidays 2006"
click on "Other Stuff", then on "Fieldday 2005"

Henk, PA3GUO