Voltage Requirements of ICOM IC-910H

Greetings,

I also use an Astron SS-30M.  I run two rigs with it,
a 910H and a 706.  Mine is six years old now.  The
meters are worth the extra few bucks so you can see
the voltages and amps being pulled.  Mine is currently
at 13.8V and 2A in receive mode with the 706 off.  The
only maintenance I have done, once or twice in its
lifetime, is to use pressurized air to blow any dust
out to prevent any potential shorts or arcs.

My 910H manual gives a power requirement of 13.8V DC
+/-15%, negative ground.  There are many reasons to
supply the nominal value so it is probably a good idea
to feed it 13.8V with a power supply that can supply
suffient current!  I wouldn't even think of using
anything but the spec considering the amount of money
that has gone into my 910H!

Jim, KG4QWC