Re: AMSAT-NA totally metric?

At 12:51 PM 1/22/2007, Bruce Bostwick wrote:
>Ah, the mass/weight confusion.  Agree with you on that.  And no, most
>such writers don't handle unit conversions in anything like an
>intelligent way (and I've seen far worse examples, some going to 2 or
>3 decimal places ..)

True...

>Sometimes I wish more people understood the difference between mass
>and weight, and the difference between energy and power.  It would
>cut down on some of the gibberish.

That's for sure.  It's amazing how many people don't know the
difference.  Not helped when the mainstream media talks about "body
weight problems" when it's really a problem of excess mass.  You can
reduce your weight by 100% easily, if you have a spare $20
million.  Book a vacation on the ISS! ;)  But it's only temporary, it
all comes back when you reach the ground! ;)

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com