Re: Voltage Requirements of ICOM IC-910H

Michael Hatzakis Jr MD wrote

> I have an SGC PS-50 supply that is not regulated, per se, it is a huge supply
> with massive transformers.  It appears to work fine, but I am worried about
> the fact that is starts at 16v or so.

I had a car that produced a voltage higher than 13.5v. My solution was to put some silicon power diodes in series with the supply, each will drop about 0.6v at whatever current is passing. I also had a switch to short them out when running the mobile rig without the engine running.

You just need to pick diodes that can handle the maximum current the rig will take. Cheapest solution I ever found.

73
Richard W L Limebear G3RWL