Re: AMSAT-NA totally metric?

>From an earlier posting:

>"My favorite imperial unit is the slug. The launch force of the
>shuttle is measured in slugs," Quine said. (The slug is defined as the
>mass that receives an acceleration of one foot per second per second
>when a force of one pound is applied to it.)

Yikes! While the *mass* of the shuttle might be measured
in slugs, the force of its rockets will be measured in

It's so much easier in metric, where a kilogram is
very much a unit of mass, while force is measured
in newtons...and let's not worry about ergs and dynes
and things: SI is mks.

Grid: CN89mg                       pied a terre..."
ICBM: 49 16.05 N 122 56.92 W     - Hospital/Shafte

Achetez ce que vous voulez, quand vous voulez sur Sympatico / MSN Magasiner