Re: AMSAT-NA totally metric?

Greetings,

On 21/01/07, Tony Langdon <vk3jed@gmail.com> wrote:
> At 07:49 AM 1/21/2007, Edward R. Cole wrote:
>
> >So for the lunar project NASA is saying if you are participating then it
> >will be in metric (suppliers listen up)!  Good Move!
>
> Excellent move, if you ask me! :)

Lets hope it will be the start of a wave throughout the country.

> >To bad the US Govt cannot get with it.  The way one converts (minds) is in
> >the education of youth!  It will take two generations to accomplish.
>
> Well, all but 3 countries in the world have done it on an official
> basis, according to Wikipedia.  It's a short term pain for longer
> term gains in  efficiency when dealing with the international
> community...  And it is a global economy nowadays, so it seems silly
> to have to work in two systems (one for US, one for the rest of the world).

I have no problems with whole inchs\feet and more popular 1/4'' and
1/2'', however when we go 3/16 and the like, have not got a clue of
how big it is..

At least with metric it can be more exact with measurements (all
divisible) not needing conversions, then rounding either up or down.

--
Regards,

Stef VK5HSX
Amateur Radio Station