Re: AO-27 Schedule driver?

Hi David (and the list)!

> Just followed the 15.55 - 16.09 AO-27 pass. Am I correct in saying that
> it is in V/U mode for half the pass and then reverts to TLM?
> I remember years ago working it regularly from EL96 and it used to send
> TLM for the first 20 seconds and then it was open to V/U.

Approximately half the pass, since the repeater is on for only 6 minutes
at a time.  Just like you remember it, you'll hear about 20 seconds of data
and then the repeater is on.  After 6 minutes, you'll hear another data burst
as the repeater is switched off.

Looking forward to trying it again this weekend.  My current work schedule is
not compatible with working AO-27 passes, but it is nice to hear the reports
that it is back with us.  Between December 2005 and early May 2006, about
half of my QSOs were on those 6-minute AO-27 passes.  Fun!

73!

Patrick WD9EWK/VA7EWK - Phoenix, Arizona USA
http://www.wd9ewk.net/