Re: Yaesu 5400

Hi Paul,

I have repaired my KR400 and KR500 for the
same reasons. After inspection I found out the
rotor was very dirty inside.

On my website I have the pictures of the cleaning
process, it gives you a feel for what to expect:

http://www.qsl.net/pa3guo
click on Rotors
click on KR400 or KR500 in the submenu on the left

Preventive maintenance: yes - but I admit I don't do that :-)

ps: I find my rotors noisy as well, even after cleaning.

Success !
Henk, PA3GUO