Re: ideas

At 06:44 PM 1/13/2007, Bruce Robertson wrote:

>Quoting Anthony Monteiro <aa2tx@comcast.net>:
>
> > Here is a wild idea for you. The Nintendo DS Lite
> > video game has a built-in wireless Instant Messaging (IM)
> > capability that runs at 2.4GHz using standard WiFi. It would
> > be really cool for kids to be able to chat with other kids via
> > satellite using their Nintendo game.

>That's a great wild idea, Tony! How would WiFi's modulation scheme react to
>the doppler shift?

Hi Bruce,

A Nintendo game wouldn't be able to directly hit
a satellite but I was thinking that some kind of
hack using a cheap Linksys WiFi box could be used as a
groundstation and it would include whatever
was needed to talk to the satellite.

The sat links do not even need to be on 2.4GHz as you
could just send the IM text up and back via a low-speed link
and translate back to WiFi for the Nintendo in the Linksys.

73,
Tony AA2TX