AO-7 Mode A

Today at 1700 GMT, AO-7 came up in Mode A and stayed there for the entire
pass.  I had no trouble getting in with approximately 100 W eirp, producing an S7
downlink signal through my very unremarkable 10-meter receiving system: a
Ten-Tec Argonaut V and a Hy-Gain AV-640 vertical antenna.  The beacon, on 29.502,
was at about the same strength.

There was only one problem: mine was the only signal in the passband.

Moral: if you don't find AO-7 on Mode B (U/V), try Mode A.  You might be
pleasantly surprised!

73,

Ray W2RS