Re: Crossbooms ... my questions

At 01:10 PM 1/11/2007, Howard Long wrote:

>Having polarisation switching on LEOs in my opinion is worth several dB more
>than doubling your boom length or stacking.

Being a portable operator and having used polarisation rotation (the
advantage of having the antenna in one's hand), I agree that the
ability to compensate for polarisation shifts, whether by hand
rotating a LP antenna, using CP antennas or switching between two
orthogonal LP antennas is a huge advantage for working LEOs.

>If I had a pair of linear yagis and did not want to go CP, I would mount
>them orthogonally and switch between them during the pass to avoid nulls.

Agreed.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com