Re: Crossbooms ... my questions

    As a reasonably long time licensed ham (40 years), but very new to
satellites, I would like to ask the brain trust whether CP antennas are
really needed. I am ready to buy a set, but in poking around the net, I
found this exchange by Mike , K6MYC, about not using CP antennas:

Look at http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/ant-nest.txt

Look towards the bottom, and Mike's replies are in caps.

I do not have the real estate for separate  144/432 antennas for
terrestrial and sat. I have the az/el rotors.

So whats the thought on this? Should I just go with a pair of H-pol
beams and leave well enough alone, or should I go with the CP antennas?

Tom Bosscher  K8TB