PSLV-C7 lifts off successfully

http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=346912
<http://www.zeenews.com/articles.asp?aid=346912&sid=ENV&ssid=27>
&sid=ENV&ssid=27

Sriharikota, Jan 10: The PSLV-C7, carrying four satellites, lifted off
successfully from the Satish Dhawan Space Centre here. All the four
satellites of the PSLV-C7 were injected into orbit at an altitude of
638.7 km, 949.8 seconds after the lift off. The entire process took 20
minutes. Based on the velocity during the first three stages, the fourth
stage, an unpowered flight called `Coasting` lasted for 15 seconds,
moving purely under the influence of gravity.
"We have done it successfully. We have put all four satellites into the
required orbit. It was a textbook mission. Our boys have done well,"
ISRO chairman Dr G Madhavan Nair said after the launch.
The PSLV C7 carries four satellites - the 680 kg Indian remote sensing
satellite Cartosat-2 and the 550 kg space capsule recovery equipment
(SRE-1), Indonesia`s Lapan-Tubsat and Argentina`s six kg nanosatellite
Pehuensat-1.

73, Mike
DK3WN