Crossbooms ... my pennyworth.

Hello All,
             Stating the obvious ... if one mounts the aerials as per a Wimo
satellite X-Quad ...
(using counterweights if necessary) ... one eliminates the crossboom problem
entirely.

I've compared this kind of system against my more usual 2 x 6 + 2 x 6
homebrew array for 2m and 70cm ... (each aerial  mounted at 45 degrees in
relation the other) ... and correctly phased for switchable CP.

In my humble opinion, on LEO's the squint experienced just doesn't warrant
the effort of being (theoretically) correct. It did make a 'slight'
difference on AO-10 and AO-13 (HEO's) but still hardly worth the effort of
being "technically correct".

Others may have a different opinion ... which of course, they have evey
right to have.

I respect that.

73 John.

<la2qaa@amsat.org>