Equipment

Hello all,

First some facts

I am new to Satellite.

I have subscribed to amsat ORG (G6SGA@amsat.org) and I will be joining
AMSAT-UK.

The UK National Space Center is in my City - Leicester - UK (IO92jo)

I currently have the following equipment:
FT817
Tonna 144(9)/435(19) element F9FT mounted as an 'X' not '+'.
KAM98 (TNC)
BUXCOMM (Soundcard TNC thing)

I also have various software inclluding HAM Radio Delux and Commander for
the FT817.

The questions:

What Rigs are recommended if I get serious about amsat?
What tuners/ Preamps - masthead or otherwise?
What software.

I would like to have as many of your views as possible and any hint tips and
tricks I should look out for.

I thank  you all in advance.

I have also configured EchoLink (Node: 192750) and I am on
Skype:(skthornber). So anybody should be able to get hold of me if they
wish.

Kid regards and many thanks in advance

73's

Stephen