Re: AO-51 repeater off? (fwd)

> Hi!
>
> I'm sorry if I missed the posts which may answer my question.  I don't see
> the answers in the amsat-bb archives.
>
> Is AO-51's repeater off at this point?  Perhaps for the software
> reload?  According to the ControlTeam page, I expected
> Echo to be in V/U repeater mode, but I haven't heard a peep out of her
> over the last few days (just got my satellite rig cabled up
> again... hopefully properly this time).

It has been on continously the last few days. The software reload will now
probably begin tomorrow, during which the repeater will probably be off
while over the command stations. You might want to check your keps and
frequencies?

> I can work SO-50, so I know my setup is operational.
>
> Since the PL requirement was dropped, do I *NEED* to turn off the PL or
> will the bird just ignore it like a terrestrial repeater with a disabled
> PL?

It will happily ignore your PL tone. You do not have to change anything if
you like.

> Thanks for the info!
>
> 73 de Rich N3WWN (FN00fh)

My pleasure. Good Luck on the satellites.

73, Drew KO4MA
AMSAT-NA VP Operations