Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 12:42:05 -0500 (EST)
From: n3wwn@futuretek.cx
To: amsat-bb@amsat.org
Subject: AO-51 repeater off?

Hi!

I'm sorry if I missed the posts which may answer my question.  I don't see
the answers in the amsat-bb archives.

Is AO-51's repeater off at this point?  Perhaps for the software
reload?  According to the ControlTeam page, I expected
Echo to be in V/U repeater mode, but I haven't heard a peep out of her
over the last few days (just got my satellite rig cabled up
again... hopefully properly this time).

I can work SO-50, so I know my setup is operational.

Since the PL requirement was dropped, do I *NEED* to turn off the PL or
will the bird just ignore it like a terrestrial repeater with a disabled
PL?

Thanks for the info!

73 de Rich N3WWN (FN00fh)