MGF1402 source or substitute

Terry,
Your timing is perfect.
I was also searching for the same device and came across a company in
California that has them.
I ended up ordering several of them because they are hard to come
across.

Take a look here.

http://www.hamtv.com/specials.html

Peter,  VA3PK

Hello all!

I'm in the process of building up a LNA for 2 meters from an old copy of
the
ARRL handbook.  The article calls for a MGF1402 GaAsFET.   I have yet to
be
able to find any of those.

Does anyone know of a source for MGF1402s?  Does anyone have some they
want
to part with?

I'm going to try to substitute in a NEC  NE3509M04, but it's a bit of a
challenge to solder to!  What else have people substituted in for
MGF1402
devices?

Thanks,

Tyler