Re: OT: How to receive Nasa Select?

A few years ago I wanted to be able to receive NASA-TV via satellite
but without buying any satellite service. I went to one of the big
electronic stores in town and tried my best to buy a dish and receiver
but they wouldn't sell it to me without also buying a "plan". A few
days later Sears had a sale on a Dish Network setup and they were
willing to sell me the equipment without having to purchase a plan.

I installed it all and was able to receive NASA-TV and a few
"shopping" channels without any other subscription.

We have since moved and I haven't put the dish back up but likely will
one of these days.

FWIW, I also tried the whooda.com link mentioned here and with the
flip4mac plug-in installed it plays very well on my Powerbook (OSX) -
thanks for pointing that link out as it looks much better than the
Real links via Yahoo, etc.

73, Jeff