Icom CT-16 Sat Interface

I am considering using a Icom CT-16 Sat Interface with two IC-706MKIIG radios. I do not have a CT-16 and want to know if this is the best route or are there other after market interfaces or software that can be used or plans for a homebrew interface. Hard to find a used CT-16 so far on the internet. I assume that I will also need a Icom CT-17 Level Converter or one of the equivalent models out there made by other hams. Appreciate any advice. 73, Robert W6RQR