Re: Tracking FCAL

At 12:16 AM 12/21/06 -0500, you wrote:
>In addition to listening for RAFT on 145.825 and NMARS on
>27.965 +/- 2 KHz or so, we also need people listening on 437.385
>for FCAL.  It may be lower in freq by as much as 10 KHz. So tune
>around.
>
>FCAL deploy is at 1822z on Thursday the 21st.  Use the elements
>for the Space Shuttle until we get fresh elements.
>Bob, Wb4APR

What is the expected lifetime of these objects before they re-enter the
atmosphere?  Since the shuttle is in a relatively low orbit.  I didn't see
if they could boost themselves to a higher orbit.  Looking at
http://www.ew.usna.edu/%7Ebruninga/ande-raft-ops.html  it seems these sats
will be a lot of fun.