From: "Kyle Yoksh" <yokshs@sbcglobal.net>
To: "amsat-bb" <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: [amsat-bb] ship radar antennas

Hello,

Please excuse the off-topic question, but a recent Mythbusters episode (yes,
I really like that show!) has me intrigued about antennas, namely
the rotating ship radar antennas.

I'm sure that some of you on this list have forgotten more about the subject
than I'll ever hope to know, like Bob, WB4APR..

I've done the standard Google for "ship radar antenna", etc but the best I
can find is an outfit wanting to sell me
one. I guess that'd be one way to learn about them, but I also lack a boat
to install it on.. hi hi

I'm looking for more specific info on the equipment and antenna(s) involved,
how they work, RF output and frequency(s) involved, etc.. Anyone
have time to elmer me on the subject, suggest a good book to read, etc?

Please reply off-list to k0kn at amsat.org. Thanks

Kyle Yoksh
KØKN
Olathe, Kansas