Solar array idea, sts116

I'm thinking about the solar array problem.  It's so interesting!

I'm seeing something, but I don't think I can explain it clearly.

I'll try.

When you hang a long wire dipole antenna in the air and pull it tight
that it is taut, what happens over time?

It starts to sag due to gravity.

In space it is not the same.

However, there is vibration.

There is a pattern.

There are 3 lines.

The line closest to the center, what I am calling the tower, is tight.

The next line is not as tight.

The last line furtherest from the tower is the least tight.

It is my belief that the vibration on the array, being in orbit for 6
years, has stretched the lines at the ends, where it vibrates most.

If it was possible to tighten the lines individually, simply
tightening the line furthest from the tower would allow the correct
folding.

I do not believe this is possible.

So a space walk is necessary to force it shut.

Just thinking.

-N2OTO FN30cr