Re: Discovery

I would expect the main engines might continue run on for a while because or the fuel remaining in the lines and turbo pumps being under tremendous pressure and expansion. Also I think the engine bells are cooled by cryo fuel so some may remain inside as well and some flow desireable to cool down. Perhaps someone more familiar with the engines can describe the shutdown process. It is probably more complex than closing one set of valves so that unburned fuel doesn't burn/explode when the tank seperates.

--
Joe Leikhim K4SAT
"The RFI-EMI-GUY"©

"Follow The Money"  ;-P